Acceptable Use Policy
The Acceptable Use Policy (as amended, modified or supplemented from time to time as set forth on this “AUP”) of ClanComs LLC INTERNET SERVICES (“ClanComs LLC”), intentends to (i) protect ClanComs / ClanComs.com’s customers, users of ClanComs LLC’s website, Products and Service, ClanComs LLC Network and physical infrastructure and third parties, (ii) further compliance with all relevant laws and regulations, (iii) promote the security and availability of ClanComs LLC’s website, ClanComs LLC Network and physical infrastructure and (iv) regulate and restrict the use of all products and services (including, but not limited to the Products and Services) provided by ClanComs LLC, its website,ClanComs LLC Network and its physical infrastructure (“ClanComs LLC Services”).
This AUP applies to each user that subscribes for ClanComs LLC Services (“Customers”), all users of ClanComs LLC Services and all users that access or utilize ClanComs LLC’s website, ClanComs LLC Network or its physical infrastructure, whether or not such users are customers of ClanComs LLC, including the customers of our Customers (“Third Party Users”), and every server or network device that is under each User’s control and attached to ClanComs LLC Network or physical infrastructure as a part of ClanComs LLC Services (a “Server”). The term “User” as used in this AUP means both Customers and Third Party Users.
ClanComs LLC EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR THE DATA AND CONTENT TRANSMITTED THROUGH OR INTERMEDIATELY, TEMPORARILY OR PERMANENTLY STORED ON ClanComs LLC NETWORK OR ANY SERVER AND FOR THE ACTIONS OR OMISSION OF USERS.
2.) Prohibited Content:
Users shall not allow the posting, transmission, or storage of data or content on or through ClanComs LLC Services, ClanComs LLC Network or its physical infrastructure which, in ClanComs LLC’s sole determination, constitutes a violation of any federal, state, local or international law, regulation, ordinance, court order or other legal process (“Applicable Law”). Users shall be responsible for determining which Applicable Laws are applicable to their use of ClanComs LLC Services. Prohibited content includes, without limitation, (a) content or code that facilitate any violation of, or describe ways to violate, this AUP or (b) “harvested” addresses or information, (c) “phishing” websites, or (d) “spamvertising” sites. A User shall not knowingly host on its Servers, use ClanComs LLC Services or transmit over ClanComs LLC Network, any material believed by ClanComs LLC to constitute child pornography. In addition to any other actions it may take under this AUP, ClanComs LLC reserves the right to cooperate fully with any criminal investigation of content located on a Server that constitutes alleged child pornography or an alleged violation of Applicable Law.
3.)Users’ Security Obligation:
Users must use reasonable care to ensure the security of each Site/Server, ClanComs LLC Network and its physical infrastructure. A Customer is solely responsible for any intrusions into, or security breaches of, any of its Sites/Servers, except as otherwise covered by a specifically designated security administration or firewall security service package ordered by the Customer. ClanComs LLC reserves the right to disconnect without refund or the provision of service credit any Site/Servers which disrupt ClanComs LLC Network or any hardware objects on the network as a result of a security compromise.
Users are prohibited from engaging in any activities that ClanComs LLC determines, in its sole discretion, to constitute network abuse, including, but not limited to, the following:
• Introducing or executing malicious programs into any network or server, such as viruses, worms, Trojan Horses, and key loggers.
• Causing or initiating security breaches or disruptions of network communication and/or connectivity, including port scans, flood pings, email-bombing, packet spoofing, IP spoofing, and forged routing information.
• Executing any form of network activity that will intercept data not intended for the Customer's server.
• Evading or circumventing user authentication or security of any host, network or account, including cracking, brute-force, or dictionary attacks.
• Interfering with or denying service to any user, host, or network other than the Customer's host, such as a denial of service attack or distributed denial of service attack.
• Conduct designed to avoid restrictions or access limits to specific services, hosts, or networks, including the forging of packet headers or other identification information.
• Soliciting the performance of any illegal activity, even if the activity is not performed.
• Using any program, or sending messages of any kind, designed to interfere with or disable a user's terminal session.
For your convenience, you may click on Prohibited Activities to review a list of additional prohibited activities and examples of prohibited activities. All Users are encouraged to review this list to ensure compliance with this AUP. If you believe that a violation of this AUP has occurred please review the information at the Legal section which contains important information concerning the reporting of potential violations.
5.) Intellectual Property Infringement Policy:
Users may not transmit, distribute, download, copy, cache, host, or otherwise store on a Site/Server, ClanComs LLC Network or its physical infrastructure any information, data, material, or work that infringes the intellectual property rights of others or violates any trade secret right of any other person. ClanComs LLC has the right to disable access to, or remove, infringing content to the extent required under any law or regulation, including the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
For your convenience, referenced information concerning procedures for making claims of copyright infringement for purposes of Title 17, Section 512, of the United States Code, or you may make a "relevant" submission to us. If any Customer or any Third Party User, including those that are customers of our Customers, repeatedly violates ClanComs LLC's Intellectual Property Infringement Policy, any copyright law or any other intellectual property right, ClanComs / ClanComs.com reserves the right to (i) suspend permanently or terminate ClanComs LLC Services of such Customer and/or (ii) suspend permanently or terminate the access to ClanComs LLC Services, ClanComs LLC Network or its physical infrastructure by such Third Party User.
6.) IP Allocation:
ClanComs LLC owns each IP address that it assigns to a Customer. A Customer shall not use IP addresses that were not assigned to it by ClanComs LLC. ClanComs LLC reserves the right to suspend the network access of any site/server utilizing IP addresses outside of the assigned range.
7.) IRC Policy:
Customers may not operate and maintain IRC servers which connect to global IRC networks such as Undernet, EFnet and DALnet. Use of IRC plug-ins, scripts, add-ons, clones or other software designed to disrupt or deny service to other users is prohibited. Harassing or abusive IRC activity is expressly prohibited under the AUP, including (i) disruption or denial of service or (ii) the use or joining of “botnets” or the use of IRC BNC’s or other proxy and re-direction software. If a Customer’s IRC servers are frequently compromised or attract denial of service or distributed denial of service attacks that disrupt or denies service to other Customers or users, ClanComs LLC may null-route, filter, suspend, or terminate that Customer’s service.
8.) Usenet Policy:
Usenet posts and content must conform to standards established by the Internet community and the applicable newsgroup charter. ClanComs LLC reserves the right to determine whether such posts violate the AUP.
9.) Legal Investigations:
Users will cooperate and comply with any civil or criminal investigation regarding use of ClanComs LLC Services, ClanComs LLC Network or its physical infrastructure or content located on its Servers or transmitted using ClanComs LLC Services, ClanComs LLC Network or its physical infrastructure, including, without limitation, the following: discovery orders, subpoenas, freeze orders, search warrants, information requests, wire taps, electronic intercepts and surveillance, preservation requests, and any other order from a court, government entity or regulatory agency (each an “Investigation”). ClanComs LLC may charge a User or any person seeking compliance with an Investigation for the reasonable costs and expenses associated with ClanComs / ClanComs.com’s compliance with any Investigation. ClanComs / ClanComs.com reserves the right to comply with any Investigation without notice to a User. Customers shall not be entitled to a refund or any service credits, and ClanComs LLC shall not be in default under any agreement for ClanComs / ClanComs.com Services, if its compliance with any Investigation causes a User to incur downtime or requires the sequestering of all or a portion of the Sites/Servers. ClanComs LLC also reserves the right to disclose information relating to Users and their use of ClanComs / ClanComs.com Services, ClanComs LLC Network or its physical infrastructure or information transmitted, owned by or stored by or on behalf of any User, if such information is disclosed in connection with an Investigation or in order to prevent the death of or bodily harm to any individual, as determined by ClanComs LLC in its sole discretion.
10.) Violations of AUP:
ClanComs / ClanComs.com may enforce this AUP, with or without notice to a User, by any action it deems reasonable, in its sole discretion. In addition to the remedial provisions provided elsewhere in this AUP, ClanComs / ClanComs.com may:
• Disable access to a User’s content that violates this AUP.
• Suspend or Terminate a User’s access to ClanComs / ClanComs.com Services, ClanComs LLC Network or its physical infrastructure.
• Remove DNS records from Servers.
• Block mail or any other network service.
• Effect IP address null routing.
• Take legal action against a User to enforce compliance with this AUP.
11.) Reporting Violations:
If available, please provide the following information:
• The IP address used to commit the alleged violation.
• The date and time of the alleged violation, including the time zone or offset from GMT.
• Evidence of the alleged violation. E-mail with full header information provides all of the above, as do system log files. Other situations will require different methods of providing the above information. ClanComs LLC may take any one or more of the following actions in response to complaints:
• Issue written or verbal warnings.
• Suspend the User's account.
• Terminate the User's account.
• Bill the User for administrative costs and/or reactivation charges.
• Bring legal action to enjoin violations and/or to collect damages, if any, cause by violations.
If any User uses ClanComs LLC Services, ClanComs LLC Network or its physical infrastructure in a manner that exposes ClanComs LLC to potential liability, as reasonably determined by ClanComs LLC, ClanComs LLC may suspend permanently or terminate the access to ClanComs LLC Services, ClanComs / ClanComs.com Network or its physical infrastructure by such User. The remedial actions set forth in this AUP shall not be construed in any way to limit the actions or remedies that ClanComs LLC may take to enforce and ensure compliance with this AUP. ClanComs LLC reserves the right to recover any and all expenses, and apply any reasonable charges, in connection with a User’s violation of this AUP. No refund or service credits will be issued for any interruption in service resulting from violations of this AUP. ClanComs LLC reserves the right at all times to investigate any actual, suspected, or alleged violations of this AUP, with such investigation to include accessing of data and records on, or assoiated with, any Site/Server, ClanComs LLC Network or its physical infrastructure.
12.) Prohibited Activities:
• forging, misrepresenting, omitting or deleting message headers, return mailing information, or internet protocol addresses, to conceal or misidentify the origin of a message;
• creating or sending Internet viruses, worms or Trojan horses, flood or mail bombs, or engaging in denial of service attacks;
• hacking, and/or subverting, or assisting others in subverting, the security or integrity of our products or systems;
• soliciting the performance of any illegal activity, even if the activity itself is not performed;
• threatening bodily harm, or encouraging bodily harm or property destruction;
• harassing another, or encouraging harassing behavior;
• engaging in outright fraud, or using services to engage in scams like pyramid schemes;
• collecting personal information about others without their knowledge or consent;
• instructing others in prohibited activities;
• using services to disseminate or display images classified under U.S. law as child pornography, child erotica (regardless of literary or artistic merit) and/or bestiality; and/or
• acting in any manner that might subject ClanComs LLC to unfavorable regulatory action, subject us to any liability for any reason, or adversely affect ClanComs LLC’s public iimage, reputation or goodwill, as determined by us in our sole and exclusive discretion.
ClanComs LLC reserves the right to revise policies pertaining to ClanComs LLC at any time without notice.
All logos and/or trademarks in this site are the property of the respective owner(s).
Digital Millennium Copyright Act - All content on this website may not be reproduced without express written consent.
Copyright © ClanComs LLC - All Rights Reserved.